It is no secret that breakfast time has some of the most wholesome and tasty foods. However, we don’t always have time in the morning or feel like putting together a big meal. Luckily for us, we have many more opportunities throughout the day to enjoy traditional breakfast foods. The benefits go beyond the great taste, wholesome goodness and easy assembly we associate with breakfast foods, as many of the ingredients are a budget-friendly choice.
Eggspect great things
There are lots of ways to prepare eggs — poached, scrambled and hard-boiled are just three — so get cracking with these easy recipes.
- Poached Eggs Over Potato Hash: A fresh and comforting take on eggs that takes 30 minutes.
- Baked Eggs with Smoked Salmon & Dill: For a speedy and stylish weeknight supper, bake this mouth-watering mixture in ramekins and serve with slices of buttered toast.
- Ham & Cheese Egg Crêpes with Sriracha Mayo: Add flair to your weeknight dinner with this savoury crêpe that’s ready in 15 minutes.
Toast of the town
Pair eggs with crispy bread or get creative with toast toppings. Bake your own Three-Seed Whole-Wheat Bread studded with sunflower, sesame and poppy seeds or grab a freshly baked loaf of artisan bread. Try these tasty toast creations.
- Smoked Salmon Toast with Cream Cheese & Dill: Spread cream cheese onto toasted rye and top with capers, dill and smoked salmon.
- Brown Butter Mushroom Toast with Goat Cheese: Caramelized mushrooms and crumbled goat cheese top crunchy bread for an easy dinner side. For a mouth-watering meal, pair with a steaming bowl of homemade Pumpkin Soup with Apple-Walnut Topping.
Out of the frying pan
Bring comforting, classic morning meals — like fluffy pancakes drizzled with maple syrup — to the dinner table.
- Pancakes with Bacon, Cheddar, Goat Cheese & Corn: Turn a sweet breakfast dish into a savoury entrée garnished with sour cream and green onions.
- Sausage-Kale Hash & Corn Fritters: Shake up your grilling routine! Using a cast-iron skillet, throw this sautéed meat-and-baguette mixture onto the barbecue.
- Chorizo & Sweet Potato Frittata: Whisk eggs with spicy sausage, cheddar and sweet potato in a skillet for an omelette-inspired entrée.
- French Toast: Crunchy on the outside and smooth on the inside, a plate of French toast topped with cinnamon, maple syrup and fruit is equally satisfying at dawn or dusk.
- Savoury Ham & Cheese Bread Pudding: Spoon this delectable meal with a cheesy twist into a baking dish, or to shorten the cooking time, place in ramekins.
A snack perfect for any time of the day
- Savoury Granola & Roasted Squash Parfait: Try this sweet-and-savoury yogourt blend of nuts, butternut squash, oats and cheese.
- Green Apple Crisp Smoothie Bowls: Enjoy the flavours of apple crisp in a smoothie bowl made with avocado, oats and Greek yogourt.
- PB & J Overnight Oatmeal: Crunchy chopped peanuts and a dollop of jam make this oatmeal extra satisfying. Prep the oatmeal in the morning, keep refrigerated for 8 to 12 hours and enjoy after dinner.