In partnership with the Older Adult Centres’ Association of Ontario and sponsored by the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility, Recreation Culture and Wellness Department and the Pelham Senior’s Advisory Committee has rolled out a Seniors’ Centre Without Walls.
What is a Seniors’ Centre Without Walls
1. It’s a Seniors’ Centre from the comfort of home.
2. It’s a free telephone program with group activities and presentations (1/2 hour to 1 hour in length)
3. It can include health related information, brain stimulating activities, conversations and connections with peers.
What are the benefits
1. Creates friendships from the comfort of home
2. Removes barriers – relieves isolation and loneliness
3. All you need is a phone – there is no video component.
HOW TO REGISTER:
To register, please call 905-892-2607 x329 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Pre-registration is required.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
On the day and time of a chosen program, you can use the following instructions to connect:
1) Dial 1-866-279-1594
2) Enter the 6-digit passcode 704576 then press #
3) Record your first name or just stay on the line then press #
Not working? Dial *0 to speak to the operator
For more information, visit: pelham.ca/55-programs