Pelham Farmers Market to open June 11
September 24 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until October 8, 2020
The Pelham Farmers Market, originally scheduled to open May 7, 2020, will open June 11, 2020, with 13 vendors instead of its usual 26. The reduced number of vendors allows for appropriate distancing.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the market’s late start allowed for significant consultation between Pelham staff, the Market’s Committee, and Niagara Region Public Health, ensuring best practices and safety measures can be implemented for vendors and customers.
The Market will run through October under the following Public Health recommendations and guidelines:
- An On-line market will be set up for pick up orders; there will be a designated area for no contact pick up
- Area designated for an easily accessible area for order pick u
- No on-site food preparation or cooking, food will be handled by the vendor only
- All items sold are to be consumed off site (in place of no items sold to promote hanging around)
- Controlled access to only permit limited numbers from entering
- Vendors will be spaced 6 ft apart
- No reusable bags will be permitted
- Hand wash and/or sanitation stations will be at the entrance and within the market
- Public Health will approve the final layout of the Market area
Only essential items will be sold; food businesses and agriculture businesses are considered essential workplaces under the Provincial Order. Vendors are required to perform a self-assessment on the day of the market.
The Market will have one entrance point and a seperate exit point. The flow of people will be controlled to ensure proper physical distancing (people must keep at least two metres apart) at all times; people should not pass by one another face-to-face.
The Pelham Farmer’s Market website – pelhamfarmersmarket.ca – will be updated as more details become available.