10,787 PEOPLE IN NIAGARA ARE LIVING WITH DEMENTIA.
This January for Alzheimer Awareness month commit to walking 10,787 steps in honour of those living with dementia in your community!
All funds raised stay in Niagara to help people living with dementia and their care partners access programs and services at the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region. Together we can provide help for today and hope for tomorrow!
Walk your own way! Will you do 10,787 steps every day or work up to it over the whole month? Check out our fun infographic on how to get your 10,787 steps!
Raise $100 by January 11th and we will mail you an IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s scarf! Take a picture with your scarf, team or poster on “Why you Walk” and tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #IGWalkForAlz to be entered into a draw!
Join us for a Virtual Kickoff event. Stop by Kelsey’s Original Roadhouse at 10 YMCA Drive for curbside pick up between 5 – 8 pm (portion of proceeds donated), then log onto Zoom at 7pm to:
- Hear a message from our Client Advisory Group
- Learn about maintaining a healthy brain
- Have an opportunity to win some prizes
Connection details: Meeting ID: 986 0128 2992 Passcode: 357921
Join us at 2pm for our Wrap-Up Trivia event where we will announce the top prize winners, do more giveaways and come together as a community to show our support of people with dementia!
- Join with your team and compete in fun Trivia
- Hear from a Caregiver
- Enjoy some entertainment
All pledges due to the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region by 11am to qualify for any incentive prizes.
- A private 1.5 hour sightseeing flight for 2 people over Niagara Falls for 3 people donated by Spectrum Airways
- 30 Minute Carriage Ride donated by Sentineal Carriages with a Winery Tour donated by Niagara College
- Google Chromecast donated by IG Wealth Management
- $200 gift certificate to Kelsey’s Original Roadhouse
- $200 gift certificate to Havery’s Restaurant
- $200 gift certificate to Manhattan Bar & Grill
WIN A TV: For every $25 raised in pledges you will get one ticket into a draw to win a TV donated by Right at Home Canada (up to a maximum of 25 tickets)
- Raise $100 by January 11th to receive an IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s scarf
- Raise $1000 by January 31st to receive a Tour & Tasting at Niagara College Winery and Brewery
In lieu of the Raffle table, this year we will be launching an online auction with tons of amazing gifts to bid on donated by our community partners, such as a winery tour, a family pass to the Bird Kingdom, a family portrait session, a carriage tour, wine, and many one of a kind gift baskets!
AUCTION OPENS: JANUARY 19 @ 9:00 AM
AUCTION CLOSES: FEBRUARY 9 @ 8:00 PM
Visit www.32auctions.com/asnrwalk and let the bidding begin!