Organizers for SLIDERFEST are pleased to announce that there will be some cool, unique experiences and items available for bidding in the Silent Auction at SLIDERFEST 2023.
“This year we focused on sourcing interesting experiences, adventures and items for the Silent Auction,” said Pat O’Hara, President of the Fonthill Lions.
A few examples include:
- Package of chef-inspired tools used by Culinary Team Canada donated by CookUp Co. Package includes set of five German-made F. DICK knives in leather pouch and a ProfBoard cutting board with interchangeable top sheets, valued at $850
- Two-night glamping experience at Allegheny A-frame cabin in Pennsylvania, a 3.5-hour drive from Niagara valued at $750
- The Travel Café Travel Group’s three-day Women’s Connection Retreat to Camp Wanakita in Haliburton, including accommodation and all meals, with outdoor activities, mixology classes, nutrition classes, wine tasting, yoga, meditation and more.Private cottage & bathroom. Also included is a beautiful basket of goodies and $250 voucher for The Travel Café’s Women’s Travel Group. Value $1500
- Sundance Hot Air Romantic Balloon Ride for two valued at $780
- Niagara Helicopter’s Thrill of a Lifetime Helicopter Ride for two over the falls valued at $360
- Peachy Keen Customized Romantic Picnic valued at $270
- Romantic one-night stay in Blue Panda studio apartment in Port Colborne, with private cooking class and catered diner by Chop Chef Abbey Solomon, valued at $500
- From the Joyce of Cooking, a Customized Private Cooking Class for six people at the winning bidder’s home, including all ingredients and use of Chef Joyce’s cooking tools, valued at $600
- Grand River Cruises romantic 2.5-hour dinner cruise for two, including a delicious 4-course meal served at a private window table with views of the Grand River. A short 60-minute drive from Niagara, valued at $150
- Golf at the Jewel of Niagara, Peninsula Lakes Golf Course.Includes 18-hole foursome of golf with cart and a box of TaylorMade TP5 golf balls, valued at $700
In addition to the Silent Auction, tickets are available for a Grand Prize Raffle Draw for a trip to Turks & Caicos. The trip is comprised of a three-night stay for two adults in a Classic Cottage at Kokomo Botanical Resort. The prize package includes a three-day car rental and a $50 daily resort credit good for dining at Kokomo’s famous WE Grill + Wok restaurant, luxurious Balinese Spa Treatment or Island Eco-Adventures Tour. Grand Prize package includes a $750 Cash Airfare Allowance. The Grand Prize winner will have the option to extend their stay at Kokomo at a rate of 10% off the most attractive rate at the time of booking, however the prize package portion must be completed by December 15, 2023. https://kokomobotanicalresort.com/
Adventure and Adrenaline
2023 will be the fourth SLIDERFEST event which sold out each year from 2017 – 2019 inclusive, but has been in hiatus since 2020 due to pandemic restrictions. Back by popular demand, SLIDERFEST returns on August 12 this year. It is a “People’s Choice” contest for the best tasting slider. Ticketed guests who attend SLIDERFEST are served each of the specialty sliders and then cast their vote for their favourite. The winning chef will be awarded with the coveted Top Slider Trophy and bragging rights for the next twelve months.
Participating restaurants are Butcher & Banker, Culinary Dropout, The Righteous Monger (Kame & Kettle), Smokin’ Buddha and Backroad Barbeque.
“We are proud to be a part of this exciting event,” said Don Vloet, Owner of Dun for You Contracting, and Title Sponsor of SLIDERFEST 2023. “We are really looking forward to a great time with family and friends.”
The event is already 70% sold out. Tickets are $40 plus HST and includes event entry, one of each of five slider recipes, fries, corn and a non-alcoholic drink. Entry is free for kids under 12, but they must be entered on the website and accompanied by a paying adult. Kid’s Menu items including hot dogs, fries, corn, freezies and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase.
In addition to the slider competition, Grand Prize, and “Experiential” Silent Auction, there will be live music by The Rhythm Hounds, dancing, a Kid’s Fun Zone with inflatables and carnival-type games, prize table draws and a 50/50 raffle. A fun event for all ages. Proceeds go to Fonthill Lions Community Service.
SLIDERFEST and Grand Prize tickets are available online at www.sliderfest.ca. The Grand Prize winner does not need to be present at SLIDERFEST to win.