Niagara Region announced Garbage, Blue Box, Grey Box, and Green Bin collection is delayed one day due to Christmas Day in 2020 and New Year’s Day in 2021.The only collection day affected is Friday.
Below is the schedule for curbside collection during the holidays:
For properties with Friday collection only: Collection will be delayed one day due to Christmas Day in 2020 and New Year’s Day in 2021. All other collection days remain the same.
- Friday, Dec. 25 changes to Saturday, Dec. 26
- Friday, Jan. 1 changes to Saturday, Jan. 2
In the weeks following Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, households may place out two extra bags or cans of garbage without a garbage tag on their curbside collection day for garbage.
- Dec. 28 – Jan. 2: Fort Erie, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Pelham, St. Catharines, Thorold, Wainfleet and West Lincoln
- Jan. 4 – 8: Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne and Welland
All materials must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
If your property is an Industrial, Commercial, Institutional or a Multi-residential building (no greater than three storeys) within a Designated Business Area that receives collection on Saturday and/or Sunday (St. Catharines and Niagara-on-the-Lake), your collection on Saturday and/or Sunday remains unchanged.
Christmas Tree Collection – Jan. 11-15, 2021
- Place tree at the curb by 7 a.m. on your regular collection day
- Remove all ornaments and decorations
- Christmas trees wrapped in plastic, buried in snow, or placed on top of snow banks will not be collected
- No artificial trees
Special collection weeks such as holiday collection and Christmas tree collection are included in your address specific schedule in the web/mobile app. View your address specific calendar or download the ‘Niagara Region Waste’ mobile app from the Apple or Google Play stores.
For more information visit Waste Management online or contact the Waste Info-Line at 905-356-4141 or Toll-free 1-800-594-5542, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. excluding Christmas and New Year’s Day.