COVID-19 & Showing Your Home Safely
Working with RE/MAX Team Berkhout Bosse, you have the stability and comfort knowing that your real estate needs are still being met in a safe and responsible manner.
Some of the biggest concerns sellers have include showing their homes safely, how in-person showings work during COVID-19, and what safety practices REALTORS® have in place to ensure the safety of the seller and their home.
Prior to booking any appointments for in-person showings all Buyers and their Agents are vetted via a COVID-19 screening declaration questionnaire as follows:
COVID-19 Appointment Safety Acknowledgement
By selecting “Yes, I AGREE” you confirm, to the best of your knowledge, that anyone attending this
appointment have been asked and meet the following criteria:
1. Have not recently travelled outside of the country or have been in close contact with someone who has travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
2. is not displaying nor is taking medication to suppress COVID-19 symptoms including fever, dry cough, shortness of breath or difficuty breathing within the last 14 days
3. Has not come into contact with anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptons including fever, dry cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing within the last 14 days.
4. Has not come into contact with anyone with a pending or confirmed COvID-19 test in the past 14 days
While at the listing. you further agree that anyone attending this appointment are aware of and will adhere to
the following COVID-19 safety precautions:
5, Everyone will respect the minimum required social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
6. Everyone will wear a face mask.
7. Everyone will wash or sanitize their hand prior to touching the lockbox and/or entering the home
8 The washroom facilities will NOT be used
9. Unnecessary family members or children will not attend the appointment
Contactless Showing Best Practises
In cases where an in-person showing is required, we further minimize contact by:
1. Only holding scheduled showings, no drop-in open houses
2. Limiting showings to one or two people from the same household at one time
3. Providing hand sanitizer, face masks and/or gloves prior to entry
4. Having Seller leave all of the lights prior to the showing and leaving them on for Seller to turn off after the showing
5. Leaving doors, closets and storage areas open and making utility areas in the home openly visible
7. Requesting that Seller frequently clean and wipe touched surfaces, like doorknobs, after each showing