Passionate about art and community impact? The Pelham Art Festival Committee is currently seeking a lover of the visual arts with leadership skills and experience to fill the role of Chairperson of the Pelham Art Festival.
Lead our festival working with seasoned members already on the Committee, share your love of art, and build connections in the local art scene. Make a difference and be part of a legacy!
Since 1988, the Pelham Art Festival has funded the Lincoln Pelham Public Libraries, awarded scholarships to aspiring local artists, and raised over $490,000 for our community.
Run entirely by volunteers, Pelham Art Festival needs your expertise to continue this vital work.
Shape the future of art education, support our libraries, and empower local artists. Join us in creating a vibrant artistic legacy!
Inquiries are welcomed via email to email@example.com
PAF Chairperson Role Description:
- Work with the Committee to plan for the next show.
- Organize committee needs and coordinate tasks.
- Ensure the Pelham Art Festival is promoted throughout the year.
- Deal with public relations as needed.
- Search for new volunteers – Town website, newspaper, signs.
- Assist new volunteers to grow into their roles.
- Monitor Artist Applications and Trends.
- Monitor the Pelham Art Festival website to ensure it is kept current.
- Prepare monthly agenda –send to secretary to be sent to Committee members
- Chair monthly meetings.
- Maintain email connections as needed. Typically, response is made to the person involved, not to entire committee and some are intended to be ‘reply all’.
- Monitor and support subcommittees.
- Cover extra duties as needed when other positions are vacant or new volunteer needs help.
- Be open to new ideas; encourage and welcome innovative ideas.
- Plan for changes related to the show venue if they arise.
- Ensure nomination for the Town Appreciation event and for corporate sponsors is made for October.
- Work with the Committee and Treasurer to develop budgets as needed.
- Attend all three days of the Festival and monitor the PAF setup and take down.
- Ensure a Festival review is conducted at the June meeting, requiring reports from the various committee teams.
Welcome to Pelham Art Festival 2024!
We are back with a full show and delighted to have you join us in person May 10 – 12, 2024, on Mother’s Day weekend for the 37th Pelham Art Festival In-Person at the Meridian Community Centre. A concurrent Online festival will be held May 5 – 15, 2024.
On Opening Night, Friday May 10, 2024, from 7.00 to 10.00 pm, about 80 juried artists and 8 juried youth artists will show their work and offer a wide range of beautiful original fine art for you to purchase. The Arena will be transformed into an art gallery for you to wander through, while enjoying live music by a “Jazz Trio” consisting of Doug Mundy, Steve Lucas, and Jim Casson. Enjoy included hors d’oeuvres and purchase a glass of wine while shopping and meet people in your community while enjoying a special ambience.
On Saturday, May 11 from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm and Sunday, May 12, from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm, artists continue to show and sell their work and will be ready to interact with you. Families enjoy an art related Scavenger Hunt with their children, introducing them to art. Try your own hand at painting a small square for a Community Art Project which should be completed by the end of the show. Watch artists as they work in their booth. Delicious lunches and snacks are available for you to purchase and enjoy while seated in the central food court as you listen to talented classical guitar by Ron Hoover and Adrian Papez and plan the rest of your booth visits. Soak up the peaceful atmosphere.
Pelham Art Festival Online, held May 5 – 15, 2024, allows you to visit the artist galleries of artists who will be waiting to see you in person on Mother’s Day weekend. Some artists will participate online only. Browse collections of exceptional artworks curated by art educators, gallery owners and art curators to view award-winning works from the comfort of your home and purchase art by clicking the “Buy now” button or buying from the artist in person at the show.
The purpose of the Pelham Art Festival is to give you the opportunity to appreciate and purchase a wide variety of beautiful pieces of fine art. Another vital role of the Pelham Art Festival is to donate money back to the community. We are thankful to the artists who donate 15% of their proceeds and to the many community sponsors, donors, and volunteers who donate the goods, services, and time to make the Pelham Art Festival one of the longest-running highly respected art shows in the province.
The newly amalgamated Lincoln and Pelham Library continues to allow for local community library support. Over the past 36 years over $472,500 has been donated to the Pelham Library System benefiting both the Maple Acre and Fonthill branches of the library. Annual scholarships are provided to graduating Pelham students from E.L. Crossley Secondary School and Notre Dame College School who are pursuing post-secondary studies in fine art. In addition, thousands of dollars have been returned to the community for art-related cultural programs.
Looking forward to seeing you!