Applications for Digital Transformation Grants will open July 1st, 2020 and will continue to be accepted until December 31st, 2020 (or until all grant funds have been awarded – whichever comes first). The process for businesses applying for a Digital Transformation Grant has two main stages.
**NOTE: businesses MUST have completed their assessment, passed the eligibility quiz, taken the online training, and developed their Digital Transformation Plan BEFORE applying.
What costs are eligible?
- Digital Marketing:
- Hiring a consultant/agency/person to execute digital marketing initiatives
- Redesign, improvement of existing website
- Development of new website
- Accessibility compliance
- Graphic design software
- Productivity software (LastPass, Hootsuite, Dropbox, etc.)
- Social media software (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.) – Security software
- Other software as evidenced in the DTP
- Digital Training
– Ongoing digital training courses (in-person & online)
– Must be hardware deemed necessary (as determined by OBIAA in its sole discretion)
How To Apply
- Create an account on digitalmainstreet.ca/ontariogrants
- Complete their digital assessment
- Pass the eligibility and requirements quiz
- Complete an online training program focused on developing their digital literacy skills
- Develop a Digital Transformation Plan (DTP)
- Submit an application to include detailed information on the DTP along with a detailed budget (costs net of HST)
- Submit a copy of their Articles of Incorporation (AOI) or business registration
- Submit a picture of their store front / business operations