The Niagara Handweavers and Spinners Guild invites you to display and sell your work at the Fibre Lovers’ Holiday Show and Sale on Saturday, November 19 and Sunday, November 20, 2022.
This juried show will feature textile art, reaching out to the rich community of fibre artists in Niagara, as well as welcoming artists working in glass, jewelry making, woodworking, basketry, ceramics, and small paintings and sculptures.
This show and sale is a project of the Niagara Handweavers and Spinners Guild (NHWS). The Guild has been welcoming and supporting Niagara weavers, spinners and other fibre students and artists since 1948. Guild profits from the sale will be used for programming and operating costs of the Guild. There will be displays of the making of fibre art objects and hourly door prizes.
The Fibre Lovers’ Holiday Show and Sale will be held at
First Grantham United Church, 415 Linwell Road, St Catharines, ON L2M 2P3. Hours of operation are 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday, November 19 and 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm on Sunday, November 20.
Please use the application form at the end of this notice. Your application must be accompanied by the $60.00 show table fee (which will be returned to you if you are not chosen for the show). If selected, there will be a commission of 15% on all sales, as well as your donation of a single items for a door prize.
* Entry is open to artists/artisans who live and work in the Niagara Peninsula.
* All work must be handmade by the artist/artisan based on an original design.
* All work must reflect quality in materials and workmanship.
* Vendors must participate for the duration of the show and provide supervision for their display at all times. There will be relief staff available for breaks.
* Vendors are responsible for setting up and taking down their displays and providing props and signage to arrange their items for sale. Display tables are 6 feet by 2.5 feet and a single table sits on a designated 6 feet by 6 feet space. All work must be displayed within the designated space. Please be courteous to your fellow vendors in the choice of your display items or props, so as not to block another’s display.
* Vendors will be allowed to share their table/designated area with one other artist/artisan to split costs. Both parties must abide by the guidelines.
* All payments will be processed at a central cash station. Each vendor must prepare a detailed triplicate sales receipt for sales processing. Debit and credit will be available. The proceeds of sales, net of commissions, will be issued to vendors within 7 days of the end of the show.
* All artists/artisans must submit 3 images (JPG format) of the type of work they intend to sell at the show with their application. The selection committee will consider the need for variety in the show, as well as the originality and quality of the work. The selection committee will have the final say on acceptance.