The Niagara Regional Police Service will be partnering with 9 local food banks and 12 local grocery stores in an effort to help support the demand for food and donations within Niagara.
COVID-19 has been difficult to say the least for most people in our community. Many of the challenges that have come with COVID-19 have compounded the demand for food products to support families within our community.
The NRPS is proud to announce it will host the 1st ever “NRPS Spring Food Drive”. The food drive, is being organized by officers from the Community Engagement Unit.
Who: Officers from the Community Engagement Unit will be onsite to greet members of the public and accept donations
What: Food / cash donations. Please click the link to see a list of most wanted items provided to us from our local food banks.
When: Commencing March 15, 2021 to March 19, 2021 (daily 9:00am – 3:00pm)
March 15, 2021
- No Frills – 1135 Thompson Rd. – Fort Erie
- Sobeys – 287 West Side Rd. – Port Colborne
March 16, 2021
- No Frills – 390 Lincoln St. – Welland
- Zehrs – 821 Niagara St. – Welland
- Food Basics – 130 Hwy. 20 East – Pelham
March 17, 2021
- Zehrs – 6940 Morrison St. – Niagara Falls
- Food Basics – 6770 McLeod Rd – Niagara Falls
- Foodland – 239 St. Catharine St. – Smithville
March 18, 2021
- Superstore – 411 Louth St. – St. Catharines
- No Frills – 581 Lake St. – St. Catharines
March 19, 2021
Superstore – 361 South Service Rd. – Grimsby
- No Frills – 4961 King St. – Lincoln (Beamsville)
COVID Conscious Event – All officers will be standing outside, wearing masks, physically distancing, and will have very limited handling of the food.
Please consider a donation if you can.