It has been an unprecedented year for all of us and we want to take a moment to recognize the incredible effort and commitment of all our partners to make it through a difficult year.
Thank you for serving Niagara on the front lines of the pandemic. We recognize that the charitable sector was hit from both sides by COVID-19, driving both a significant increase in demand on your services and a sudden drop in fundraising opportunities. We commend you for continuing to meet the needs of the most vulnerable in our community.
Our response to COVID 19…
In response to the increased needs of our local charitable sector, the Niagara Community Foundation was pleased to distribute the following emergency funds:
- $25,000 granted to United Way Niagara‘s Emergency Relief Fund.
- $270,000 granted to Niagara Health to help purchase essential equipment to fight the Pandemic.
- $41,000 from the Niagara Casinos Fund supporting organizations responding to food security and virtual mental health supports.
- Over $1.2 million to Niagara charities through the federal government’s Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF), supporting food, shelter and essential programming across Niagara. Click on the link below to hear first hand about the impact of this grant on front-line service providers.
Emergency Community Support Fund is funded by
Thank you for your generosity, support and investment into the charitable sector in Niagara this year. The uncertainty and instability of this year gave us all reason to pause and assess how we can make a positive difference. Thank you for choosing to invest in YOUR community.
Over $2.9 million was invested in Niagara charities through NCF’s grant programs and donor directed grants in 2020, PLUS…
Over $1.3 million invested through the Federal government’s Emergency Community Support Fund and Investment Readiness Program.
Emergency Community Support Fund & Investment Readiness Program funded by…
Thank you for helping us navigate a year like no-other. To our Board of Directors, committee volunteers, local fund committees and ambassadors, thank you for giving your time, energy and expertise through 2020. You have helped us steer the ship through rough waters and we are grateful for your leadership and aid.
20 in 2020
2020 marked the Foundation’s 20th anniversary. Click on the link below to learn about the impact our volunteers have made in Niagara over the past 20 years.
If you are considering a gift to the Niagara Community Foundation, please note the following dates.
To receive a 2020 tax receipt, gifts may be:
- Mailed to our office, postmarked Dec. 31 or earlier; or
- Made securely online until 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 31 through our online donation site.
For gifts of publicly traded securities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, Dec. 18.
*The Foundation’s office is not accepting any outside visitors at this time.*
THANK YOU and have a healthy New Year.