- This event has passed.
Skill Development – Hospitality and Tourism Sector
June 14 @ 8:00 am - July 2 @ 5:00 pm
One event on August 16, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on January 31, 2022 at 8:00 am
Job Gym is excited to offer the Hospitality and Tourism Career Catalyst program. The goal of this program is to attract, retain and support job seekers to this sector, allowing them to attain certifications and skills needed to advance their careers in Hospitality and Tourism.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- There is no cost for this training – it’s free to participants
- It is a 3 week virtual training program (facilitated on Zoom platform), making it accessible to candidates anywhere in Niagara
- Get certified in Smart Serve / Food Safety / Service Excellence
- Learn effective communication, team building and customer service skills
- Obtain certification in up to date cleaning procedures and OHSA standards
- Learn strategies to effectively manage finances, mental health and prepare to join the workforce post Covid
- Job search support and employer introductions (if not already connected to an employer)
- Employers can upskill existing employees – this can be applied to employees currently on lay off who you would like to keep engaged while supporting their continued learning/development; or employees that are working but on reduced hours due to the pandemic
If you’d like to learn more about the program, we are hosting an information session on Tuesday June 8th at 10:30am via Zoom
WHO SHOULD ATTEND (Info Session)?
- Job searching individuals who are interested in developing skills and obtaining in-demand certifications relevant in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Hospitality sector employers who are interested in upskilling existing staff who are currently on lay off; or new hires that have not yet started
- Service providers and community partners who may have clients that would benefit from additional training and employment supports
- June 14 to July 2, 2021
- August 16 to September 3, 2021
- January 31 to February 18, 2022