We all play a role in protecting each other and our community. As COVID-19 vaccinations are becoming more readily available to the public, people are searching for information to help them make an informed decision about the effectiveness and safety of vaccines. With the abundance of information available on the internet and social media, it may become unclear what is fact and what is fiction.
Vaccines that are available in Canada are safe and effective as they reduce the risk of infection and death from COVID-19. Niagara Region Public Health provides trustworthy resources about COVID-19 vaccines to the public in clear language with science-based facts and shares updates as new information emerges.
Vaccine information can be accessed as follows:
- Call Niagara Region Public Health’s Covid-Info Line at 905-688-8248 or 1-888-505-6074, press 7, visit https://niagararegion.ca/health/covid-19/vaccination/default.aspx?shorturl=1, or Chat online or follow them on Facebook or Twitter
- Call the Provincial Vaccine Info Line at 1-888-999-6488 (TTY 1-866-797-0007)
- Visit Ontario’s vaccine safety page at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccine-safety
- Visit Health Canada’s website for facts about COVID-19 vaccines at https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/awareness-resources/know-vaccine.html
- Read advice about vaccines from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization in Canada at https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci.html
- Speak to your health care provider
In addition to getting vaccinated, practicing physical distancing, wearing a mask, and handwashing are essential for you and your loved ones to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19.
Learn about the Roadmap to Reopen, the province’s three-step plan to safely and gradually lift public health measures based on ongoing progress of provincewide vaccination rates and improvements of key public health and health care indicators. https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario