A pellet grill is generally an easy to control smoker that maintains stable temperatures and leaves behind less ash and mess than a charcoal grill. It also delivers wood flavour through a variety of flavoured pellets.
Pellet grills can be ideal for the people who have never really been fans of grilling because their simplicity makes them easy to use and deliver results that will earn rave reviews. The best pellet grills have elements of charcoal grills, gas grills, and kitchen ovens.
Advantages of Pellet Grills
- Heat Control- Pellet Grills have unrivaled levels of heat control. As an electric grill, a pellet grill will have controllers to regulate temperature and heat to precise detail. Gas grills may offer some level of heat control, but nowhere near the same amount . A charcoal grill will not have any kind of temperature control. Using a pellet grill means only having to set a temperature, waiting no more than 20 minutes, and then begin your grilling.
- Place and Wait- With a pellet grill, you can simply set your food down and let the heat and smoke circulate to evenly cook the food. You typically have to set up several cook zones on a traditional charcoal or gas grill. With a pellet grill you will be free to socialize with your guest while grilling.
- No Flare-ups– Thanks to the built-in drip pan most pellet grills, there is never a concern about flare-ups. There are shields between the flames in the fire pot and the dripping grease. You do not have to trip any excess fats or worry about using only certain marinades. Gas and charcoal grills do not offer this same comfort and this involve constant flare-up risk.
- Versatility– Pellet grills can be used to grill foods, smoke meats, and even bake. This is not to mention the wide assortment of wood types, each offering a different flavour and smoke for a wide range of tastes.
- Simplicity– With a pellet grill, you merely load the hopper, plug it in, let it heat up, and you are ready to go. There will be no need to constantly stoke a fire, check food, or move food. Instead, the grill will move the heat and smoke right to the food for you. You can simply place your food on the grill and walk away, a luxury not afforded with gas or charcoal grills. There is a “set it and forget it” element to pellet grills.
- Flavour– Cooking over wood is going to give your food much better flavour than you would get on the conventional gas grill. The wood is burning continuously so you get a better taste and smell while grilling.
- Cleaner Fuel– Wood pellets are a much cleaner fuel. Charcoal, on the other hand, can be messy business. The only catch to wood pellets is making sure they do not get wet. They are also more environmentally friendly.
- Technology– Pellet grills are not showcasing new features like Wi-Fi connections that allow you to control your grill from your phone. You can check not just the temperature of your grill but also the temperature of the meat.