The Meridian Community Centre’s Fall Programming Flyer is now out! Come see what is happening at the Town of Pelham!
· Shinny, Stick & Puck, and Public Skating are in full swing! Pre-Reservation is required by calling 905-732-7872.
· Adult Learn to Skate starts today (Monday September 20th) from 1-1:50pm for 10 weeks. Classes are cancelled Thanksgiving Monday (October 11th). Fee: $70 for ten weeks. Must be 18 years or older. Instructor-led. CSA approved helmet is REQUIRED. Registration is required. Registration can be done online or at the MCC.
· Ticket Ice | 50 minutes dedicated to figure skating practice. Skaters must provide their Skate Canada Number upon sign in. Children 12 years and under must be supervised on or off ice by an adult. Fee: $6 Fridays from 3:15 – 4:05pm starting September 24th. Pre-Reservation is required by calling 905-732-7872.
Please visit pelham.ca/arena-programs for more information
Fitness & Recreational Programming
- Brock FIT | This supervised class focuses on cardiovascular, strength and balance, designed to help with everyday living, all in a one hour circuit class. Exercises will benefit & resemble everyday activities to maintain independence. Equipment such as rowers, steppers, kettle bells, dumbbells & slam balls are just some of the equipment in the circuit. Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00-9:00am OR 9:00-10:00am. This session will run from September 20-December 10 (Excluding October 11) $135 including tax. This is a registered program. Registration can be done online at pelham.ca/register or at the MCC.
- 55+ Aerobics with Conditioning with Anne Cooke | If you are looking to improve your health, fitness and energy through a fun, upbeat and motivating class, this is the one for you! 55+ Aerobics with Conditioning with instructor Anne Cooke focuses on cardiovascular health, resistance and balance, stretching and relaxation for participants 55+. Program fee of $6.00 or Activity Punch Pass $80 for 20 drop in classes. Monday and Thursday from 11:00-12:00pm beginning September 20th, 2021. Pre-Reservation is required by calling 905-732-7872.
- Yogalates | Yogalates is a fitness routine that incorporates both Yoga postures, breathing techniques, and Pilates exercises. Program fee $6.00 or Activity Punch Pass $80 for 20 classes. Thursdays from 5:30-6:30pm beginning September 24, 2021.Please bring your own yoga mat. Pre-Reservation is required by calling 905-732-7872
- Ballroom Dance Lessons | Sign Up for ballroom dance lessons to review the following dances:
Monday 7:00-8:00pm – Review the Waltz & Cha Cha
Monday 8:00-9:00pm – Review the Foxtrot & East Coast Swing
Wednesday 7:00-8:00pm – Review the Tango & Salsa
Wednesday 8:00-9:00pm – Review the Viennese Waltz & Rumba
$80.00/person per session with a 50% discount when you register for a second or third session
Note: Classes are held at the Old Pelham Town Hall (491 Canboro Road, Ridgeville)
This is a registered program. Registration can be done online at pelham.ca/register or at the MCC.
- Chair Yoga | Chair yoga is a gentle form of yoga that is practiced sitting on a chair, or standing using a chair for support. Though yoga is beneficial for all, chair yoga is the perfect way for seniors to discover yoga. Program fee $6 or Activity Punch Pass $80 for 20 classes. must be 18 or older to participate. Tuesday and Thursday from 11:15am – 12:15pm beginning October 19, 2021. Please bring your own yoga mat, 2 blocks and a yoga strap/old tie to each class. Pre-Reservation is required by calling 905-732-7872
- Hatha Yoga | Yoga helps tone, lengthen, and strengthen muscles. This gentle form of yoga is perfect for beginners and those with experience. This class focuses on alignment and breath. Program fee $6 or Activity Punch Pass $80 for 20 classes. Must be 18 or older to participate. Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. beginning Wednesday October 20, 2021. Please bring your own yoga mat, 2 blocks and a yoga strap/old tie to each class. Pre-Reservation is required by calling 905-732-7872
- Pickleball | Players must be 18 or older to participate. Program fee $6 or Activity Punch Pass $80 for 20 classes. Beginner Classes are to be played by only those learning how to play Pickleball. Three available courts in each gym, 14 person maximum per gym (12 players + 2 subs) 2 x 1.5 hour time block. Pickleball beginning September 27th, 2021. Pre-Reservation is required by calling 905-732-7872.
Monday 11:30am-2:30pm (All Levels) & 7:30pm – 10:30pm (Beginner)
Tuesday 9:00am – 12:00pm (All Levels)
Wednesday 9:00am – 12:00pm (All Levels)
Thursday 11:30am – 2:30pm (All Levels)
Friday 9:00am – 12:00pm (All Levels) & 7:30pm – 10:30pm(Intermediate)
Please visit pelham.ca/adult-programs or pelham.ca/55-programs for more information