Annual IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s Niagara
Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region welcomes community support for the annual IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s Niagara, ON
With spring now underway and signs of summer on the horizon, the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region is once again urging the community to support the annual IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s, which takes place on May 29, 2022 at Firemen’s Park in Niagara Falls.
Now in its 18th year, the Walk raises crucial funds that allow the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region to offer programs and services to meet the needs of people living with dementia and their caregivers in Niagara. But with the number of people living with dementia rising each year and projected to reach more than 900,000 by 2030, the need for more support for research projects into the causes of dementia and to advocate on behalf of those living with dementia and their caregivers is greater than ever.
“It’s incredibly hard to put into words how the Alzheimer Society has helped. It feels like the glue that holds the confusing pieces together. There are so many questions to be asked and decisions that need to be made as a family, and having their support and guidance has been essential” – Alicia, 2022 Niagara Walk Spokesperson.
There are a number of ways Niagara residents can take part in the IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s and make a positive difference in the lives of people living with dementia and their families:
- Sign up individually, with your family, or create a team at http://www.alzgiving.ca
- Take a photo or video, upload it to social media and include the hashtag #IGWalkForAlz.
- Most of all, have fun raising money for a fantastic cause
“IG believes it’s crucial to raise awareness and funds to support life-changing programs for those affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Walking supports critical initiatives delivered by the Alzheimer Society, including hiring more frontline professionals, offering more one-on-one counselling, and programs like First Link® – a service that connects those newly diagnosed with dementia with the right support and information”
– Bob Ramsey, IG Wealth Management
- Wellness Fair and Registration open at 9:30 am
- Self-Paced Walk from 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Performance from Cory Cruise
- Photo opportunities with 501st Legion Vaders Fist
- Food Trucks (Johnny Rocco’s, Tropical Fiesta, and Canadiana a Go-Go)
- Appearance from Fluffy the Clown
- For every $50 raised in pledges you will get one ticket into a draw to win a $1,500 travel credit donated by VIA Rail (up to a maximum of 25 tickets)
About the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region
The Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region offers specialized counselling services to mitigate risk, a vast array of wellness and social programs, and opportunities to educate people living with dementia, their families, informal and formal caregivers, and the public at large.
The goal of the Alzheimer Society’s programming is that people living at home with dementia and their families share experiences, participate in community-based activities, and receive individualized support toward safe and active community living