The YMCA of Niagara Reopening Three Health and Fitness and Aquatics locations on September 30, 2020
Our team is ready to welcome you back to your YMCA! The YMCA of Niagara is excited to announce the reopening of three of our Health, Fitness and Aquatics locations; Niagara West, Port Colborne and St. Catharines on Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 8 a.m. to members 13 years of age and older.
“Our team has been working hard to prepare our facilities and programs for our members return to ensure the safety of everyone” said Steve Boone, Interim CEO, YMCA of Niagara.
“Our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe social distancing practices. We can’t wait to welcome our members back.”
The way we will interact with each other may look a bit different, but at the YMCA, you will always be able to connect with people, and improve your health and wellness, strengthening our community. We are here to help you focus on what matters most, your health. Taking care of our health is more important now than ever before. At the YMCA we are here to help you stay active and healthy in spirit, mind, and body.
Our Stage One Reactivation Program Schedules offer a variety of programs of workout options for our members including:
- Cardio Mix
- Hiit (Cycle/Strength/Row)
- Lane Swim
As more members return to the YMCA we will add onto the hours, programs, and services available.
Workouts In addition to the classes listed on the program schedule, members can also book an individual workout space for up to 60 minutes including:
- Functional Training
- Free weights
- Selected Strength
- Circuits Cardio Equipment
Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
All facilities will be closed for deep cleaning and disinfection every day between 12:00-1:00 pm, and again from 4:00-5:00 pm
Pool Hours for Port Colborne and Niagara West ONLY:
Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm & 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
The pool is not reopening in St. Catharines in our first Stage of Reactivation.
The safety of our members, staff, and community is our number one priority. We have put the following measures in place to help them feel safe upon their return to the YMCA here in Niagara:
- Masks worn by all members and staff (may be removed when one is settled into their workout station)
- Glass barriers at Membership Desks
- Health checks prior to entry
- Single one-way directional entry and exit
- No change rooms open currently (with some exceptions for swimmers only)
- Physical distancing measures to maintain 2 metres between other people
- Increased sanitization and disinfection
- Increased hand-sanitizing stations
- Limited building access and capped fitness class sizes to support physical distancing
- No Day Passes, Guest Passes or Swim Passes currently to ensure access for our members
Masks and Heath Check
All members are required to wear a mask within the facility, but it may be removed when working out. Members and staff must also complete a wellness check prior to entering the YMCA of Niagara. This check may be completed up to two hours prior to arrival. Doing a health screening is as simple as going online to a Health Check page, and quickly answering three (3) questions. Once the screening is completed, members will:
- either see a green screen signifying you are clear to enter the facility
- or a red screen letting you know you will need to wait a bit longer before visiting us
- Once you have received a green screen, you may proceed to show the staff located at the front desk, where they will then take a quick temperature check. Provided your temperature does not suggest a fever, you may scan your membership card and enter the facility. These health checks must be done within a two-hour window before entering the facility
To help manage and maintain numbers within the building and to ensure there is a spot ready, members must book their workout in advance using EZ Facility or by calling the local branch.
About the YMCA of Niagara
The YMCA is a charity serving our communities for over 160 years. During these unprecedented times, the Y needs your help more than ever to be able to serve those most in need in our community. Donations will continue to be accepted during this pause of YMCA programs. Click https://ymcaofniagara.org/opportunities-to-give/ to make your gift and help the YMCA continue supporting those in need.
The YMCA of Niagara is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind, and body with a sense of responsibility to each other and the global community.