World Alzheimer’s Day
It’s World Alzheimer’s Day! Today, and every day, help us stop the stigma and raise awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and show your support for people living with dementia, their care partners, friends, and family.
- Wear blue on World Alzheimer Day – September 21, take a picture and share on social media with the hashtag #GoBlueForAlz (also look out for Niagara Falls going blue one day early on September 20 and Welland Canal Bridge 13 will #GoBlueForAlz on World Alzheimer Day).
- Share some of our posts to help spread awareness
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlzheimerSocietyNiagara
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/alzheimerniagar
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alzniagara/
- Niagara Falls Romance Package (valid Sun-Thu) Value $650, donated by Holiday Inn by The Falls & Skylon Tower
- Roomba – iRobot Roomba vacuum Value $500 donated by Canadian Tire Niagara Falls #071
- Case of Wine (2027 Cellars wine includes Gamay Rose, Chardonnay, Riesling & Pinot Noir) Value $400 donated by Glen Elgin Vineyard Management
- Peninsula Lakes Golf & Country Club foursome of golf for 2021 season Value $340 donated by Peninsula Lakes Golf & Country Club
For information on purchasing tickets visit the website: raffle.alzheimerniagara.ca or call 905-687-3914.
We are looking for people who might be interested in helping us sell tickets too! Call or email Cassandra: firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-687-6856 x 556
2. Bid at our Online Auction! Bid on over 70 fabulous items such as:
- Muskoka and Toronto sightseeing flight experience
- Signed sports memorabilia
- Home décor – modern light fixtures and more
- Kate Spade Bag and wallet
- Copper Pennant necklace
- Golf at Lookout Point
- Niagara Helicopters experience
- Several food gift certificates
3. Host a Social with a Purpose
Make a difference this World Alzheimer’s Day by hosting a Social with a Purpose! Use today as an excuse to virtually get together with your friends and family while fundraising to support people living with dementia and crucial social recreation programs.
You can host an easy and delicious virtual baking class and make blue velvet cupcakes, paint Forget-Me-Not flowers together, or get creative and do your own thing! Get started by registering your Social with a Purpose event here.
Can’t decide on what to do for your fundraiser? Download one of our easy to use digital kits to make the planning process that much easier!
Do you want to support people living with dementia and your local Alzheimer Society but can’t host your own Social with a Purpose this year? You can always donate! Your donation will help support the work that we do and ensure that people living with dementia, their care partners, friends, and family are receiving access to our programs and services.
Thank you for helping us raise awareness this World Alzheimer’s Day!
We can’t wait to see what you share!