Niagara confirms three new cases of COVID-19
From Niagara Region Public Health
- Case #5 is a female in her twenties with a travel history to the United States.
- Case #6 is a male in his forties with a travel history to the Unites States.
- Case #7 is a male in his sixties with a travel history to the Philippines.
- Travelled outside of Canada in the 14 days before onset of illness
- Close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who travelled to affected areas within 14 days prior to their illness onset
- Avoid all non-essential travel, as recommended by Provincial and Federal health authorities
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or with alcohol-based hand rub
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary close interaction with others (e.g. shaking hands, deferring events)
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces daily. Use a disinfectant and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Call ahead if visiting your health care provider for infectious symptoms so they can plan to protect others from spread