The Niagara Community Foundation first grant program deadline of the new year is for the Environmental Grants program. Applications for this grant close at noon on Monday, January 18! https://niagaracommunityfoundation.org/cha…/grant-programs
Our Environmental Grants Program focuses on bringing more partners together in our community to create a collaborative approach to meeting the environmental challenges we are facing.
Our Grants Program supports Rural and Urban environment projects. Additionally, we welcome applications from Volunteer Groups and Youth Led Initiatives that meet the eligibility requirements (see below).
Grant Making Priorities
- Protect and/or restore environmental integrity of the shorelines
- Protect and/or improve the water of Lake Erie, Lake Ontario and related tributaries
- Protect, improve or restore aquatic habitats for fish and wildlife
- Establish and/or improve rural and urban space, tree planting/urban canopies which are linked to water quality
- Provide education and awareness of the above listed priorities
Projects must also reflect one or more of the following:
- Foster cooperative approaches to environmental issues
- Address an identifiable environmental need
- Involve members of the community to be served in the design and implementation of the program
- Show evidence of sustainability and/or on-going monitoring (if appropriate for the project)
**Applicants cannot apply for a concurrent grant unless they are part of a collaborative and are in good standing with their open grants to the Foundation.