Pelham Non-Profit Housing Corporation invites community members who are interested in being a member of its volunteer Board of Directors.
The Board’s Nominating and Development process ensures the Board is appropriately diverse and has the skills, expertise and experience to successfully govern Pelham Non-Profit Housing Corporation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend monthly board meetings and any other relevant meetings as requested [Monthly Meetings held the 3rd Friday @ 1:00 p.m.]
- Act as governing trustee by carrying out our missions and goals
- Approve budgets and monitor financial performance
- Abide by the by-laws, code of conduct and other policies that apply to the Board
- Review performance of the Property Manager
- Attend and participate in the Annual General Meeting held every April
- Keep informed about housing issues relevant to the mission and objectives of Pelham Non-Profit Housing Corporation
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with volunteer committees, including a board of directors within the non-profit sector, an asset
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Board governance: policy, finance, legal, facility/building sciences, property management
- Niagara Resident
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter which should include:
- Previous volunteer experience on boards, committee or other positions
- Why do you want to be on the Board?
- What do you think you can bring to the Board?